Sunday 20 July 2008

On the Job

Well we're into mid July, I'm another year older and still the weather hasn't quite caught up! We've had some very windy days with big waves and quite often rather soggy rain! Saying that we have had fantastic sightings particularly of basking sharks and there have still been plenty of whales around. We even managed to find a couple of sunny, calm days in amongst those waves...



The awesone Basking Shark, sightings and numbers have been increasing as the 'summer' has progressed with some days seeing between 15 and 20 sharks, some of which we have been able to get really close to!




Here I am giving my introductory talk at the start of a trip =)



Happy to be out watching whales in the sunshine, this trip had an added bonus of Lee being onboard!


Eyeing up that Mars bar! 'Unfortunately' as a member of the crew I do not win the coveted Mars if I spot the first minke whale... for the passengers its an added incentive to keep looking!



No comments: